Calgary, AB, T2XOE1
E: email@example.com T: 5874383555
Dedicated English-Arabic translator with many years of experience working in professional and educational environments. Exceptionally accurate translation skills, including simultaneous translation between all parties during teleconferences and in-person meetings. Diverse translation work including scientific materials and large-scale executive organization documents. Consistently relied upon for verification and correction of translated materials. Experience teaching other translators through one-on-one mentoring and professional development courses. I am passionate about facilitating productive cross-cultural relationships and have created extensive informational material and coursework to help colleagues understand and develop cultural sensitivity. I am in the process of obtaining my Canadian translation license from ATIA. I am a volunteer for CCIS and ISC Calgary.
• Fluent in Arabic, including colloquialisms, business vocabulary, and scientific terminology.
• Experienced with several computer programs, including Microsoft Office
• Extremely precise and dedicated
• Comfortable with both verbal and written communication, including preparing and giving presentations.
2022 – Associate Member ATIA
2016 – 2019 Licensed Legal Translator, Ministry of Justice, UAE
1998 – Diploma in School-Based Assessment, Cambridge University
1997 – High Diploma TESOL, College of Preceptors, England
1971 – BA English Literature, College of Arts, Baghdad University, Iraq
• Audio-visual Aids and Language labs
• HMH (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) Book Publications
• Macmillan Book Publications
• Teaching English as a second language
• Course in Methodological Perspectives & Performance Skills
Highlight of Work Experience
• Translate written and verbal communications between English and Arabic.
• Serve as on-call translator for teleconferences as required.
• Mentor intern translators, including teaching internal professional development courses and reviewing final project materials.
• Train new hires on company-specific translation standards, including proper handling of proprietary material.
• Provide review and verification of translation work as required, including materials created by third-party translation services.
• Translated communications between Aarbic-speaking and English-speaking parties as required.
• Completed backlog of written translations and entered information into digital database.
• Authored informational booklet of common phrases and cultural mannerisms to help colleagues during international communications.
• Received Outstanding Employee recognition.
• Participated in intensive professional training program translating written and verbal communications.
• Completed final project translating proprietary scientific study materials, including procedures, observations, methodologies, and results.
• Briefed translated materials to foreign counterparts via video conference.
• Member of FIT (International Translators Federation)
• Legal sworn in translator licensed by the Ministry of Justice, Dubai , UAE as English-Arabic-English translator
• Chairman of school accreditation committee
• Coordinator for the Committee For the New English Book, Saudi Arabia
• Word Processing Computer Course
• Spoken and Written Languages : Arabic , English, Turkish
• Licensed Assessor for the Cambridge IGCSE, Cambridge University Assistant
• Assistant Supervisor and proctor for SAT Examination
• Computer literate
• Conducted, coordinated and attended various workshops and seminars in the field of teaching English as a second language.
03/2016 to 03/2019
Al-Masarrah Translation Est. ? Dubai, UAE
01/1972 to Present
01/2007 to 01/2015
Al-Zuhour Private School, Sharjah U.A.E
01/2005 to 01/2007
Al-Andalus School, American Int’l School ? Dubai
01/1999 to 01/2005
Coordinator and English Teacher Dubai National School ? Dubai
01/1995 to 01/1999
Amman, Jordan, Coordinator and English Teacher New English School
01/1992 to 01/1995
Coordinator and English Teacher Baghdad Int’l School ? Baghdad, Iraq
01/1985 to 01/1991
English Language Inspector Ministry of Education – Saudi Arabia